So, I got nominated for the Liebster blog award for a second time, oops, I mean my blog! I totally can’t believe it! This time, by my friend Skylar Finn from Life of a Random. She has a fantastic blog – be sure to go and check it out.
A big thanks to Skylar for nominating my blog for the Liebster Award. I am honored that you loved my blog enough to nominate it. Thanks a lot!
Skylar wrote an acceptance post for her own nomination that I really appreciated a lot: http://randomofalife.blogspot.com/2014/06/wherein-i-receive-liebster-award.html?showComment=1402757543006#c1510222891528598669
It’s an honor when someone likes your blog enough to nominate it for the Liebster Award. Some people might take it as a chain letter thing and not do the post and that’s a pity because it’s one of the nicest gestures another blogger can do for you. When someone nominates your blog, it says that your words touched that person’s life in some way. So, thanks again, Skylar, you’re the best!
Time for the Rules:
11 Facts about me (some of which you may already know – I am such a popular and modest person *wink*):
1. I love going to the movies. There’s just something special and magical about watching a movie on that big screen – it’s a really awesome sensation.
2. I’m a total Kindle freak. I carry it everywhere. Okay, maybe not everywhere. lol
3. I’m addicted to reading. If I go too long without reading a book, I suffer from withdrawal; shaking hands, trembling mouth, drooling. haha.
4. I love movie scores, the instrumental orchestral background music in movies. Some of my favorite movie scores are: Jurassic Park, Pacific Rim, Thor – The Dark World, Journey 2 – The Mysterious Island
5. Hmm, what else? Oh, yeah, I also have another addiction. (yeah, I get addicted to a lot of things) In this case, chocolate. Once I ordered a brownie with chocolate ice-cream and a chocolate milkshake and my best friend could only stare at my choices since they all matched, lol.
6. Wow, this is tough. I can’t think of number 6. Let’s see, I hate people who are drama queens and who can’t live their lives without creating some kind of drama. I’m like, seriously?
7. I love books with plenty of sarcastic humor, strong friendships, real love, witches, vampires, werewolves, not to mention that undeniable dash of chemistry.
8. I laugh out loud every time I read my own book, Holding Out For Skye. I love how my two main characters, Skye and Cian trade barbs and how Cian’s always teasing Skye. Yeah, shameless promotion of my book. Had to put it out there 🙂
9. Omg, I’m still on no. 9? Okay, I once slipped on the stairs and landed on my butt and I just sat there and laughed because it was too funny. Idk how that memory just popped up.
10. I’m not a forgiving person. I’m the Queen of the land of holding grudges.
11. Last but not least, I love spinach, like Popeye.
1. How did you come up with your blog’s name?
Ah, I wanted to get my book out there in the virtual stratosphere so I thought sticking with my author name would be best.
2. Given the choice between having blue hair forever or a dragon tattoo on your arm forever (duh), which would you choose?
Without question, Blue hair forever! I’ve always wanted blue hair.
3. Do you like reading book blogs or watching booktuber videos better?
Reading book blogs. It’s more interactive and you get to see the creativity of the world other people create with their words
4. Do you have a bucket list?
Yes! But I’m ticking things off while I’m still alive and kicking. So far, three done on my list: Write the stories in my head (on-going as only 1 book completed), learn how to swim, zip-lining where you’re tucked in a harness, suspended gazillion feet from the ground and zipping through the air which was OMG, AWESOME!!!
5. I couldn’t live without my computer…or books, obviously. BUT, excluding your computer, books, and cellphone/phone (you know, the essentials), what is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Electricity. Can’t use the essentials without electricity.
6. What’s your least favorite food?
Pizza and anything chocolate! Oops, big mistake! Those are my absolute favorite foods in the world. I totally missed the ‘least’ part and only saw ‘favorite’ in the question lol. So least favorite food – watercress
7. Do you make up new endings in your head for books or movies that stunk because they were so sad?
Yes. That’s how I started making up my own stories to write.
8. What does your handwriting look like? Picture, please. Well, I said please.
Okay. Like a child’s lol. So no pictures. I’ve been told my handwriting’s pretty but I just find it huge.
9. What do you want to accomplish in five years? (Like major goals, etc.)
Complete as many of the stories I’ve started as possible and get them published.
10. Hardcover or paperback?
Paperback. Easier to carry around.
11. What is your favorite sound?
Rain falling outside while I’m inside cuddled up 🙂
I know one of the rules of this award is to nominate 9 people but I can only think of 3 that fit the criteria and I already did nominate 2 out of them last time. I wish I knew some more blogs that I could nominate but there are those I don’t know well enough to know their reaction to being nominated.
So, I’ll just say thanks again, Skylar, that you liked my blog enough to nominate it. I am truly honored.